Menu Options & Meal Request
Thank you for choosing to dine with us during your stay at Our Lady of the Pines Retreat Center. We are in the process of redesigning our menu to better improve guest experience and satisfaction. This will be an ongoing process as we address guest requests and concerns for each and every group dining with us this year.
Below is a listing of menu items currently available. This is not a complete list and guest requests are welcome. This merely serves as a starting point for dining options at this time. Desserts will be served with lunch and dinner but will be cook’s choice for the time being. In the future a dessert option will be provided.
We ask that you notify us of your meal selections no later than 2 weeks (Earlier would be greatly appreciated!) prior to your scheduled stay. This allows ample time to make sure all ingredients are available. If there is a difficulty in obtaining ingredients to complete an item you will be contacted by The Food Services Manager, Dianna Nevius, to discuss alternatives or substitutions.
Please note the following:
1. If your group would prefer a heavier meal at noon and a lighter meal at 5:30 pm, feel free to choose items that best meet that need. You may even choose to have breakfast items for lunch or dinner as well. We are working on a flexible menu to best serve your group.
2. Some items are paired (Ex: Ham and Au Gratin Potatoes, Chicken Gravy & Biscuits, Chicken Alfredo with Fettucine Noodles) and will count as the meat and a side. If you desire, you may substitute the listed side item for a different side item.
3. Some groups prefer not to have the sides listed. You can then add an additional vegetable, salad, or soup. We want to allow for some flexibility.
4. By allowing our groups to choose menu items we trust that all members of the group will be able to eat what is offered at each meal. As we serve meals only when retreat groups are in house, and are not a full-service restaurant, we are extremely limited on additional dining options. To ensure that each group receives the freshest ingredients, and we follow ServSafe and Sandusky County Health Department mandates we buy ingredients specific to each group’s menu choices.
5. If there are specific dietary requirements that our menu options can’t accommodate, please contact Dianna Nevius so this can be addressed and resolved. Please notify at least 2 weeks prior to scheduled attendance. It is our goal to ensure that every guest can dine with their group.